Good Oral Hygiene is Good for your Overall Health
At Oakridge Dental Center, we know that proper dental care is important to maintain healthy teeth. We want you to know that it also plays a role in your overall health. Research shows a direct link between gum disease and many health conditions, such as:
- Heart disease
- Pancreatic cancer
- Kidney disease
- Oral cancer
By practicing good dental care at home and seeing your dentist on a regular basis, you can keep your teeth healthy and prevent many dental care problems. You’ll find dentists to be your ally in your quest for dental health. And according to Dr. Obeid, taking care of your teeth today can save you the money, time, and trouble of later dental repair. Follow these five easy steps to keep your smile at its best:
5 Steps to Saving your Smile
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day, for two to three minutes each time. Ask your dental hygienist to teach you the proper brushing techniques.
- Floss at least once a day to remove any plaque trapped in your teeth.
- Have a healthy, balanced diet to ensure you get proper nutrients to protect your teeth and body.
- Don’t smoke or use tobacco because it can lead to gum disease and oral cancer, along with other health conditions.
- Go to a dental office for professional check-ups and cleanings to detect early signs of tooth decay and gum disease.
To learn about our family dentistry practice in Rochester Hills, call Oakridge Dental Center of Michigan today at 248-652-1100 or go to www.oakridgedentalcenter.com.
Oakridge Dental Center offers a whole health approach to dentistry. We care about more than just your teeth. We want to help you stay healthy! We offer family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Rochester Hills. Our office is conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Oakridge Dental Center, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We also offer oral appliances for snoring and sleep apnea. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover a different approach to dentistry!