Suffering from a dental problem? You’re not alone. Here are 6 common dental problems and how to fix them.
- Tooth decay Patients suffering from a toothache are likely dealing with tooth decay. Depending on the severity of the decay, the best treatment will likely be either a filling or the placement of a dental crown. Both treatments are designed to restore the tooth’s strength and health.
- Crooked teeth Crooked teeth are problematic not only because they are unattractive, but also because they can hinder a patient’s ability to chew and speak normally. In addition, crooked teeth can be difficult to keep clean. Patients with crooked teeth can benefit from orthodontic treatment such as Invisalign clear braces.
- Discolored teeth Teeth can become stained or discolored by the foods and beverages patients consume, the use of medications, or aging, among other factors. For many patients whose teeth are discolored, a professional whitening treatment can make a significant difference. For patients with very stubborn staining, veneers can hide the stains and result in much whiter smiles.
- Gum disease According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, about half of American adults have some form of gum disease. In its earliest stage, gingivitis, patients can receive in-office treatment, which includes removing plaque and tartar, and then improve their oral health habits.
- Wisdom teeth Some patients’ wisdom teeth will grow in properly without causing problems, but for many patients, this is not the case. Wisdom teeth often grow in crookedly or only partially erupt. This can lead to painful infections, among other problems. Having the wisdom teeth extracted is often the best option for many patients.
- Missing teeth Having missing teeth makes it more difficult to eat, talk, and smile confidently. For patients who are missing teeth, there are multiple options. Some patients benefit from dentures, partials or appliances such as fixed bridges. For many people, however, dental implants are the ideal treatment because they are a permanent solution that looks and feels natural.
At Oakridge Dental Center, Dr. Obeid will always provide the best care as well as options to suit your needs. Contact us today at 248-652-1100 to schedule your appointment.