Lumineers are one of the high quality brands of dental veneers that we offer our cosmetic dentistry patients. Veneers are thin strips of porcelain that are custom crafted to cover the front of a tooth that has been chipped, stained or otherwise damaged. Well-crafted veneers match the shape and color of surrounding teeth to restore your mouth’ natural beauty.
There are a variety of conditions that can be effectively corrected with veneers:
- Veneers can improve the apparent alignment of teeth that are slightly crooked, avoiding the cost and discomfort of braces or other orthodontic treatments.
- Gaps between teeth can sometimes be made narrower with veneers.
- Veneers can whiten teeth that cannot be whitened using normal bleaching processes.
- Chips and cracks in teeth can be covered with veneers.
- Teeth that are worn from age can be restored to their original appearance with veneers.
- Veneers can restore the appearance of teeth that have been damaged by periodontal disease.
Lumineers are special veneers that are superior to other brands in several ways. They are only 0.2 mm thick and are made from a translucent porcelain that mimics the appearance of natural tooth enamel. Only minimal etching of the underlying tooth is required to prepare the surface for good bonding with the Lumineer. Applying Lumineers involves very little discomfort and usually does not require anesthesia.
You will only need to schedule two office visits to have your Lumineers applied. On your first visit, we will match colors and take precise molds of your teeth. It will take a few weeks for the lab to make your Lumineers. On your second visit, we will do some minor abrasion of the underlying teeth so they will bond securely to the veneers. We will apply the Lumineers with a thin layer of adhesive resin and check their fit and color before using a special light to permanently set the adhesive.
Lumineers not only restore your mouth to its original beauty, but they will give you many years of worry-free service. Once they are cemented into place, you can bite and chew with them just as you would with your natural teeth.
Lumineers may be the right solution for you if you have chipped or cracked teeth, slight imperfections in the alignment of your teeth, or discolored teeth that won’t respond to normal whitening procedures. If you have concerns about the appearance of any of your teeth, come to us at Oakridge Dental Center for a consultation with our cosmetic dentistry staff. We will evaluate your oral health and give you recommendations for the best way to restore your smile to its original radiant beauty.