If a trip to dentist reveals that you’re in need of a filling, you may be concerned that a metal filling may affect your confidence to smile. That’s why Oakridge Dental Center uses composite fillings when repairing a patient’s teeth.
At Oakridge Dental Center, we use state of the art equipment to improve the quality and durability of the composite fillings. To restore a decaying tooth that has been harboring a cavity, the decay or weakened portion of the tooth is removed. The tooth is then cleaned and dried. A dental adhesive material is applied before the composite filling is place into the tooth in layers. Then, a light specialized to harden and cure each layer is used. Once the composite filling has harden, it’s shaped to fit the tooth, excess material is trimmed off and finally, the filling is polished to blend in beautifully with your surrounding teeth.
Advantages to composite fillings:
- Composite fillings blend in nicely when you smile because they are the same color as your teeth.
- Used for cosmetic dental improvements, composite fillings can be used to reshape disfigured teeth and fill in gaps.
- In most cases, a tooth can be filled in one appointment, because composite fillings are direct fillings.
- Composite fillings bond to the tooth which helps support the remaining structure of the tooth.
- Durable and strong, composite fillings can endure the daily abuse of chewing.
The staff at Oakridge Dental Center have extensive knowledge and experience with repairing and filling teeth using composite fillings. We will evaluate the underlining issue, repair the damage and fill the tooth with a composite filling to ensure the filling blends in nicely with your teeth so you can continue to smile confidently.
While composite fillings are a great way to repair a tooth that has suffered from tooth decay, preventing cavities from developing in the first place is vital to your overall dental health.
To prevent tooth decay:
- Visit us at Oakridge Dental Center regularly for an oral examination.
- Brush your teeth twice a day and if possible, after every meal.
- Clean between your teeth daily with floss.
- Avoid sugary food, but if you do indulge make sure you brush soon afterwards.
- Consider dental sealants to protect your teeth from decay.
Let Oakridge Dental Center help you to keep you smiling!