When you have chipped, cracked, fractured or broken teeth or you have cavities, look no further than Oakridge Dental Center. We are experts in the tooth bonding procedure.
What is Tooth Bonding?
Dental or tooth bonding is also known as tooth restoration. It is usually a painless and simple dental treatment provided by dentists to fix and restore a patient’s teeth. The dentist will use a durable plastic substance called composite resin to repair the tooth.
There isn’t much preparation to it. Anesthesia is administered only when filling a decaying tooth. With the help of a shade guide the dentist will pick colored composite resin that matches the rest of your teeth.
The whole process starts with the placement of a matrix between the tooth being fixed and the one next to it. Our dentist will file the tooth and apply a conditioning liquid over it to roughen it which will allow the bonding material to stick. Composite resin, matching the tooth color is selected, shaped and attached to the tooth. With a laser or ultraviolet light the resin is hardened, and then it will be trimmed and shaped again. Finally, it’s polished to resemble a natural tooth. The procedure should take about 30 minutes to an hour to complete.
Benefits of Tooth Bonding
- Inexpensive and simple cosmetic dental treatment
- Finished in one sitting. (Unless a lot of teeth are involved)
- Painless way to fill cavities (no need for anesthesia)
- Files very little of the enamel
What are the Risks?
- Bonding material is not as strong as natural teeth
- It is not entirely resistant to stains
- Bonding is a temporary fix for chipped and broken teeth
When is Bonding Considered?
- In order to fix cracked and chipped teeth
- For closing gaps between teeth
- To fill cavities and decaying teeth
- To change the length and shape of teeth
- Preventing exposure of the tooth’s roots due to receding gums
- Change the appearance of discolored teeth
Why Oakridge Dental Center?
Oakridge Dental Center specializes in all kinds of dental procedures. Our team of experts believes in paying attention to detail so that you receive the best in dental healthcare for strong and healthy teeth and gums. Even simple procedures like bonding are done by our very best dentist with extensive knowledge.
We, at Oakridge Dental Center, pride ourselves on the extensive experience we have acquired in dentistry. And, we look forward to helping you look and feel confident as you dazzle the world with your radiant smile.
Call us to schedule an appointment with our dental specialists. Your first visit will allow you to express your concerns about the cosmetic dentistry and learn about the different options, including tooth bonding, available for you. We also take emergency cases that arise as a result of accidents and injuries to restore your smile.